We specialise in the verification of electricity metering equipment in accordance with the requirements of NITP-14.
UMVS specialises in accuracy testing electricity meters for use in the Australian energy market. The laboratory is situated in Cleveland in Redlands City in Southeast Queensland Australia. All the laboratory testing processes are traceable to the National Measurement Institute (NMI).
We also offer refurbishment services for meters that have been removed from service before the end of their useful life.
This service typically involves:
- Cleaning the equipment and removing any unwanted stickers
- Accuracy testing the meters to ensure they are within specification
- Confirming to operation of communications equipment installed in the meters
- Updating the meter software and configuration to the customers specifications
- Repackaging and labeling the meters ready for dispatch back into service